Charitable Will Bequests
Including a bequest gift in your will allows you to make a major charitable contribution, which may not be possible to make during your lifetime, and reduce the tax payable on your estate.
- Reduced taxes – Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation will issue an official receipt for the full value of the Will bequest. This receipt can then be used to reduce the tax payable on your final return.
- Flexible and revocable – A charitable gift can be made for any amount and is revocable at any time should your financial situation change.
- Leave a lasting legacy – Your charitable gift will make a real difference to the residents we serve, leaving a lasting legacy for you, your family or anyone you wish to honor.
How it works
- A Will bequest can be as simple as a sentence or two naming Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation in your Will or adding a codicil to your existing Will.
- You can designate a specific dollar amount, a particular asset or a fixed percentage of your estate to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation. You can also request that the principal of your charitable bequest be held in an endowment.
- The designated amount will be donated to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation’s most urgent needs or you can direct your bequest towards a particular purpose or program