Donating Retirement Funds
Donating your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) is a simple, flexible way to give to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation while enjoying tax benefits.
- Flexible and revocable – You have full use of your retirement saving investment while you’re alive plus the gift can be revoked at any time if your financial situation changes
- Reduced taxes – Your retirement fund taxes are offset by the tax receipt issued by Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation for the full amount being transferred
- Leave a lasting legacy – Your gift will be directed towards Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation’s greatest need or you can designate your fund to a particular program or country.
- Low cost – This is an easy and low cost alternative to leaving a bequest gift in your Will.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF):
- Simply include Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation the beneficiary and then advise the institution holding your retirement account of the change.
- By nominating multiple beneficiaries, you can still ensure loved ones are cared for while providing a donation to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation.
- A tax receipt for the value of the investment gifted will be issued to your estate and applied toward the final income tax return
The Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation partners with Abundance Canada to facilitate a variety of giving options. To inquire about making a legacy gift, please contact Abundance Canada, 12-1325 Markham Rd, Winnipeg, MB. Phone: 1-800-772-3257