Donate Life Insurance
Donating your life insurance is one of the easiest ways to make a significant donation to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation, and enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Enjoy tax benefits – Depending on how you donate your life insurance, you will enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Make a large future impact with a small gift today – Donating life insurance allows you to make a significant charitable donation for a comparatively small premium. This donation will have a lasting impact on our residents.
- Enjoy your donation now – You can become a major donor to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation today, rather than having to wait years to make your gift from accumulated assets. Your Life Insurance Premiums are 100% tax deductible.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Transfer an existing life insurance policy to Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation and receive a charitable gift receipt.
- Apply for a new life insurance policy, with Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation as the owner, and receive a tax receipt for the premiums you pay.
- Make Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. This option gives you no immediate tax benefits since Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation does not own the policy, but your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt for the death benefits.
The Bethania Mennonite Memorial Foundation partners with Abundance Canada to facilitate a variety of giving options. To inquire about making a legacy gift, please contact Abundance Canada, 12-1325 Markham Rd, Winnipeg, MB. Phone: 1-800-772-3257