Resident Care Needs
At Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home we strive to provide the highest quality of care to all of our residents. We depend on the skills and compassionate caring of individuals in a variety of disciplines. Staff are committed to excellence and strive to move from “caring for our residents” to “caring about our residents”. Below are some resident care items that we require.
For more information please contact the Director of Care at 204-654-5043
The Therapeutic Recreation Department develops an individual plan based on the resident’s background and values as well as their current intellectual, physical, cultural, social and spiritual abilities. Planned programs include one to one, small or large groups. Examples include seasonal celebrations, current events, bowling, shuffleboard, reminiscing, arm chair exercises, gardening, travelogues, bingo, music, pet therapy and sensory stimulation. Community outings are also planned throughout the year. A monthly program schedule is provided to all residents and calendars are available for families to view on the Bethania website - Calendars
Relationships with family, friends, residents and care givers all contribute to the quality of life of residents. Those relationships can be fostered by recreation programs such as friendly visiting, family recreation opportunities and other social programs.
For more information please contact the Director of Recreation at 204-654-5035
• Pet Program Annual Operating Costs $3,000 (Includes outdoor fish pond and aquariums)
• Entertainment Expenses ($50 - $300 per entertainer) $6,000 annually
- Hearing Assist Equipment for Chapel $4,500
- Pergola near fish pond $6,000 - $8,000
- Adopt A Garden - Bethania’s gardens have therapeutic (healing) value and contribute a great deal to the well-being and quality of life for Residents. Without your support we would not be able to have these therapeutic and amazing spaces for Residents, families and friends to enjoy. You can adopt a garden which entails you planting the garden and caring for it throughout the season.
- Gardens – General upkeep and maintenance of the grounds
- Quality used small bob cat for snow clearing $20,000
For more information please contact Ginette Fedorchuk, Senior Administrative Coordinator at 204-654-5051