At Pembina Place Mennonite Personal Care Home we strive to provide the highest quality of care to all of our residents. We depend on the skills and compassionate caring of individuals in a variety of disciplines. Staff are committed to excellence and strive to move from “caring for our residents” to “caring about our residents”. Below are some resident care items that we require.
For more information please contact Doris Furtado, Director of Care at 204-654-5043
The Therapeutic Recreation Department develops an individual plan based on the resident’s background and values as well as their current intellectual, physical, cultural, social and spiritual abilities. Planned programs include one to one, small or large groups. Examples include seasonal celebrations, current events, bowling, shuffleboard, reminiscing, arm chair exercises, gardening, travelogues, bingo, music, pet therapy and sensory stimulation. Community outings are also planned throughout the year. A monthly program schedule is provided to all residents and calendars are available for families to view on the Bethania Group website - Calendars.
Relationships with family, friends, residents and care givers all contribute to the quality of life of residents. Those relationships can be fostered by recreation programs such as friendly visiting, family recreation opportunities and other social programs.
For more information please contact Dianne Nixdorf, Director of Recreation at 204-654-5035
- Sensory stimulation products $50 – $2,000
- IPad x 2 $700 each
- IPod x 2 $200 each
- ITunes Gift Cards Any value
- Entertainment Expenses ($50 - $300 per entertainer) $6,000 annually
- Activity Tables x 4 $2,000 each
- Courtyard Garbage Can x 2 $700 each
- Courtyard Planter x 2 $500 each
- Family Accessible Wi-Fi Installation $14,312.00
- Floor washing machine for PCH only $10,000
- Taski scrubber machine for PCH only $4,000
- Large dual use vacuum (wet and dry) for PCH only $800
For more information please contact Ginette Fedorchuk, Senior Administrative Coordinator at 204-654-5051.